Cicero is a city in Illinois, United States. It was originally known as the Hawthorne city. It is extremely rich in flora. It has enumerated natural reserves and parks. It has The Columbus Park, Piotrowski Park, Cicero Community Park, Oak Park Conservatory and a lot more. It also exhibits its vast and deep history through various museums situated in the city.
Places to visit:
- Columbus Park– The Columbus Park is spread in an area of 135-acres of land. It is popular for ball fields, a theater, a pool & a golf course.
- Cicero Community Park- Cicero Community Park features walking paths, a skating rink & events like concerts, carnivals & movie nights.
- Hawthorne Works- The Hawthorne Works is named after the original name of the town, Hawthorne.
- Piotrowski Park- Piotrowski Park is settled in an area of 22-acre. It features sports fields, tennis courts, a skate park, and a domed pool.
- Oak Park Conservatory- It was formed and opened in 1929. It exhibits exquisite plants & flowers along with birds, fish & turtles.
- Thatcher Woods- It is spread in an area of 245- acres of land. It is a natural history museum.
- Rehm Park- This park comes with a pool, tennis & sand volleyball courts along with a playground with hand-operated trains.
Places to stay:
- Skylark Motel- It is a 2-story building with facilities like free breakfast and complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Harvey House Bed and Breakfast- It is a classy hotel with free Wi-fi, fireplaces, an outdoor patio & farm-to-table breakfast.
- Carlton Inn Midway- It has vibrant rooms with microwaves & fridges, free breakfast, Wi-fi & airport shuttle service.
- The Carleton of Oak Park- It is an ancient hotel with a lobby bar & an American dining.
- The Write Inn- This ancient hotel has top-class rooms and offers displays of 1920s antiques, a French restaurant and free wi-fi.